“Step-something” – ( Stepdad, Stepmom, Stepgrandma etc.) is one of today’s fastest growing social phenomena which touches nearly every Christian. Family members and friends often want to help, but don’t know how to proceed. Very often the stepfamily relationship is a precarious one, sometimes including children uprooted from one family unit and transplanted into another without preparation or observable concern for their kid’s worries, dreams or preferences. Adults seem to think, “They’ll adjust!” Sadly, many Christians are caught up in this step-parenting “trapeze” walking the tight rope balancing acceptance and rejection, all the while worrying about the stability of the present marriage. To some, the present circumstances are intolerable, even while the stepfamily survives.
Discovering Biblical Solutions for the Stepfamily, written and published by TRI-R Ministries, is a four-part series, addressing challenges faced by the stepfamily. Each person uses a notebook as part of this study, which provides space for personal answers to thought provoking questions. Over 200 pages are dedicated to the study of how God intervened in the solution of family difficulties for several stepfamilies of Bible characters. Some typical challenges, such as jealousy, depression, and forgiveness are brought to light.
This study can be used by individuals; by one stepfamily around their table; by several stepfamilies in a group Bible study, in a Sunday School class, or for those contemplating becoming step-parents. Those who counsel stepfamilies have found a wealth of helpful information in this Bible study. This study encourages spiritual growth, resolution of difficulties between individuals, pin points practical application of Scriptures to family life and builds confidence in the Word of God as the only solution when family challenges occur.
This Bible study could be a wonderful gift to a stepfamily you know.
- Christian families are affected by “Step-something”, balancing acceptance and rejection, and stability of present marriage
- Four-part series addressing challenges faced by stepfamily
- Biblical accounts of several stepfamilies and how God intervened
- Pinpoints practical application of Scripture to family life, and build confidence in the Word of God
- Each participant has own workbook, gives space for personal reflection
- Group Bible study for step-something, or a stepfamily around kitchen table, or those who counsel stepfamilies